What is PMO?
About the PMO
The Philippine Mathematical Olympiad is the oldest and most prestigious nation-wide mathematics competition among secondary school students. The 11th PMO is designed to select the best secondary school students in mathematical problem-solving through a friendly competition.
- stimulate the improvement of mathematics education in the country by awakening greater interest in and appreciation of mathematics among students and teachers and gaining insights into the levels of mathematics learning;
- identify and motivate the mathematically gifted;
- identify potential participants to the International Mathematical Olympiad;
- provide a vehicle for the professional growth of teachers; and
- encourage involvement of public and private sectors in the concerted promotion and development of mathematics education.
The PMO aims to: